We are super easy to work for – with a small and good crew of people - we try and have a decent amount of fun while working. While we certainly have full time staff opportunities, this is also a great gig for someone looking to supplement their income (someone recently retired, going to school and looking for flexibility with scheduling, someone transition from staying at home, someone looking to be home when their kids get out of school for the day, and a variety of other things that have someone want to work in a Monday – Friday daytime thing.
Let us know your thoughts!
Button / Magnet Maker - Job description
Responsible for the quality production of buttons and magnets. Button Makers work at a fast pace while insuring quality products are manufactured with minimal waste being created.
• Reading work orders to determine job at hand
• Operation various styles of making equipment
• Quality control through correct use of equipment and being alert at all times
• Operating counting scale
• Pinning buttons (pre-making and post-making)
• Applying magnets and other post production backs
• Packaging buttons
• Cleaning of workspace and other common areas
• Stocking machines with metal parts
• Actively contributing to a safe working environment
• Effective communication with all members of the Buttonworks team
Buttonworks is a manufacturing facility, and its employees must be able to physically perform as follows:
• With noisy equipment that is in use constantly
• Handling raw materials to include but not limited to metals, paper, plastics, oils etc.
• Ability to stand or sit at a work station while moving upper body (mainly hands and arms) at a production pace for periods up to 60 minutes at a time
• Able to carry up to 20 pounds unassisted & carry up to 40 pounds with a partner
• Able to use variety of cleaning products
• Able to read, write and communicate in English
The following are attributes other than physical:
• Positive attitude
• Works to increase productivity
• Works well with others
• Follows instructions
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour + paid holidays & sick time.
In person applicants are welcome, Monday through Friday - 9 am to 3 pm 721 Del Paso Road, Sacramento, CA 95834